<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3261464009953607005?origin\x3dhttp://mejerine.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

♥ Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve

It had been ages since I last visited Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve. That fine day, my colleagues who are photography fanatics (do correct me if I spell it wrongly) decided to go the Nature Reserve to do some hiking and photo-taking.

I like to take pictures too, and it was a marking week. Why not? haha...

Four of us set off to our destination at Kranji area. It started drizzling after we walked for a little while. As we took shelter in the nearby watching stand, we saw some animals in action. A squirrel was hanging itself upside down and munching on a tree nearby.

After we lost sight of it, out on the main road, we saw a big lizard crawling by. Woah, we did not dare move an inch, fearing that it might come for us. haha...phew...

Anyway there were really lots of mosquitoes and we did not bring any insect repellent. I was not really prepared for the trip as I did not bring a cap along. Luckily for me, the weather was cloudy and rainy.

We had to stop and head back to the visitor centre as it seemed to rain more heavily. That was when we rested and had our tea. It was not all that bad after all. The little cafe was by a man-made pond, and there were tortoises, fishes and even the big lizard swimming around.

Finally when the rain stopped, we went again on the tracks. This time round, we walked further. However, we did not manage to get any deeper into the reserve before it started to rain again. Judging by the rain and the time (evening), we had to call it a day.

Then my colleague drove us to the Railway for dinner. It was my first time there since I don't hang out at Bukit Timah area. Dinner was at this Italian restaurant. We had a sumptous meal. I especially like the lavender cheesecake (pleasant smell of Lavender) and the tiramisu.

It was a great day! Now for the photos:


Labels: ,

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

I AM GRUMPY.
10:38 PM


♥ theGrumpyToast



      theGrumpyToast is very grumpy. Beware, this toast bites.

      A Simple Person with a simple life (:
      With lots of blabbers (:


♥ Thank you

♥ Past rawr-ing




Counter




Songs that I enjoy lately



adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]